Thursday, August 21, 2014

What kind of a day are you having?



Yesterday when I was in the Walmart parking lot I heard the gentlemen who collects the carts tell someone he was having the best day. The best day? Really?? Then I heard him say, "And this afternoon when it's hot, I get to be inside. This is the BEST... DAY... EVER!"


I've thought about that gentleman and what he said a number of times. Do I go to work every day thinking it's the best day? Do you? School has just started and counselors and teachers have a brand new opportunity to help students have a BEST DAY. How do we do that? Allow students to discover something new for themselves? Allow them to help another student? Congratulate students for working hard? Provide a listening ear for someone who needs to talk? Help students get into their favorite college or program? Help students find what they are interested in and how to achieve the goal they set for themselves?


I'm sure there are many ways we help someone have a best day. Now the challenge is...what can we do to help someone have the BEST DAY EVER??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment