Friday, July 17, 2015

AMAZING PD for School Counselors!

Last summer, I blogged about the American School Counselor Association's conference and the national attention school counseling was beginning to recieve. I shared with you how I always wanted to attend. For 11 years, I have looked at this conference wondering how I could possibly attend?  Finally this year the opportunity arrived.

So imagine window shopping and desiring something completely out of reach for 11 years! Needless to say, I started to prepare myself mentally for the possibility, that the ASCA conference may not be as great as I had built it up over the years. 


WOW! It was better than I imagined! I do not know how, but it was. I am still reviewing all the sessions and things I learned. I will continue to share what I brought back to Oklahoma. I believe you should have the same amazing experience I did! I promise you will come home renewed, inspired and equipped with knowledge and practical applications to improve your program. 

I think there are many ways you can creatively seek funding. Perhaps a Go Fund Me site, a community organization sponsorship, apply for PD funds through your district or educational foundation, even your PTA might assist. 
Did I mention we heard from Norm Gysbers Ph.D. - Father of Modern School Counseling
I can't even describe the inspiration I gained from hearing him speak!

Until your able to collaborate and gain support from your stakeholders, there is a great group of school counselors who have created a school counselor community scholarship. SCCS 
is such a innovative idea for school counselors, to promote the profession and fill the gap of specific school counselor professional development.  

Please share the opportunity with others, consider donating and advocate for your attendance to ASCA! See you at #ASCA16 soon! 


1 comment: